October 27, 2007

I resigned from the Connecticut Post last Friday and I will be transitioning into a career in the related field of public relations. As of November 12, I will be Communications Coordinator at Sacred Heart University in Fairfield, CT. The opportunity comes at an ideal time as the shaky newspaper industry continues to implode - even the staff position I am leaving will not be filled. My new responsibilities will focus around media relations, production of the university's publications, and looking good in a suit and tie everyday. I will be doing some light shooting at the job, but I'll be freelancing and shooting weddings on weekends (which I'll have off consistently for the first time since 2001.) I plan to work on some personal projects as well and will be posting the work on my site and this blog. Stay tuned.

4 comments:

currlygirrly said...

ok.

yoon said...

holy moly! probably a good move though if you're looking for stability. sounds like you'll still have time to post your sweet images here though. best of luck to ya john!

Tim Cook said...

Damn!

Good luck bro!

Anonymous said...

Good luck to you, I completely understand you decission. Are they haveing a going-away bash for you. Maybe at Black Rock Castle. Let us in Waterbury know, maybe we will make it down.